Defining the Rural West
- Kenneth Johnson, UNH: Where is ‘rural America,’ and what does it look like?
- Rural West Initiative: What is Rural?
- Presentation: Defining the Rural West
The Historical Rural West
- Liberty Hyde Bailey: Report of the Country Life Commission
- David M. Kennedy: Time to Revisit the Rural West
- CDC Report: Leading Causes of Death in Nonmetropolitan and Metropolitan Areas
- CDC Report: The Widening gap in urban/rural suicide rates
- 2016 Rural West Conference: Presentations to Health Panel
- Rural West Initiative: Health Care in the Rural West: Persistent Problems, Glimmers of Hope
- Art Kaufman, MD: Health Extension- Learning from Farmers How to Improve Community Health
- The California Endowment: Investing in Place
- Grantmakers in Health: Foundation Strategies to Promote Healthy Eating and Active Living
- Intermountain Health Care: Transforming Rural Healthcare for Patients and Physicians
- Intermountain Health Care: TeleHealth improving outcomes for critically ill patients at Intermountain
- Intermountain Health Care: Intermountain Healthcare Annual Report (2015)
- Intermountain Health Care: Improving outcomes for newborns through TeleHealth at Intermountain
- Rural Health Information Hub: Overview of Intermountain TeleHealth Services
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Defining and Measuring a Culture of Health
- Denise Herrera, RWJF: Resources (Reports/Data/Tools)
- John Freemuth: The twisted roots of U.S. land policy in the West
- John Freemuth: How the Antiquities Act has expanded the national park system and fueled struggles over land protection
- John Freemuth and Mackenzie Case: Can Ryan Zinke balance conservation and development as interior secretary?
- Peter Walker, University of Oregon: Malheur occupation is over, but the war for America’s public lands rages on
- Char Miller, Pomona College: Malheur occupation in Oregon: whose land is it really?
- Headwaters Economics: Federal Lands in the West: Liability or Asset?
- Stanford University: A Spatial History of In-Lieu Programs for Western Federal Lands
- Communities in Action: Pathways to Health Equity
- Con Alma Foundation: Achieving Equity in Health for Children and Families in New Mexico Through the Affordable Care Act
- Indian Health Service: Trends in Indian Health
- UNM Prevention Research Center: Step into Cuba, A Trails, Walkway and Physical Activity Program
- UNM Prevention Research Center: One of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's 26 Prevention Research Centers
- UNM Prevention Research Center: Health Assessment– Continental Divide National Scenic Trail
- The Nature Conservancy: Sustainable Water Management in the Southwestern United States: Reality or Rhetoric?
- The Nature Conservancy: Effects of Climate Variability and Accelerated Forest Thinning on Watershed-Scale Runoff in Southwestern USA Ponderosa Pine Forests
- Indian Country Media Network: Gila River Indian Community Water Wins
- International Association of Wildland Fire: Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI) Fire Fact Sheet
- Solutions Journalism Network: Mountain News Deserts
- Rural West Initiative: Rural Newspapers Doing Better Than Their City Counterparts (2011)