Watch a five-minute overview video of the 2017 conference that explores the possibility of improving rural western health and wellness. Also, keynote addresses by former Deputy Secretary of the Interior David J. Hayes, C. Hope Eccles of the Eccles Family Foundation, former Senator Jeff Bingaman, Prof. David M. Kennedy and others.
Sessions from March 23 and 24, 2017 in Santa Fe, NM
Speakers Click name to cue video
- Overview Video: “A Healthier Rural West” by Vladimir Chaloupka and Dr. Phil Polakoff cue video
- C. Hope Eccles, Advisory Council, Welcome cue video bio
- David J. Hayes, Stanford University, “Healthy Landscapes, Healthy Westerners” cue video bio
- Michael Brown, PhD, School for Advanced Research, Welcoming remarks cue video bio
- Bruce Cain, PhD, Stanford University, Introductory Remarkscue video bio
- Former U.S. Senator Jeff Bingaman, “Two Critical Issues, Zero Innovative Solutions”cue video bio
- David M. Kennedy, PhD, Stanford University, Special Remarks: “Earning the Rural West”cue video bio
Defining the Rural West
- Kenneth Johnson, UNH: Where is ‘rural America,’ and what does it look like?
- Rural West Initiative: What is Rural?
- Presentation: Defining the Rural West
The Historical Rural West